Newspapers in Education (NiE) is a ‘Young Reader Development’ initiative that involves the use of newspapers in schools for purposes of improving literacy and developing a reading culture among children. Our NiE programme also aims to create social awareness and good citizenry among children through newspaper reading.
- Newspapers are affordable and thus sustainable
- Newspapers tend to inspire a daily reading habit
- Newspapers offer non-academic reading can be lots of fun for students
Some of the core activities in the NiE program are
Teacher Training: This is done through workshops to enable teachers to understand and implement NiE pedagogy in the classroom. This means training teachers on ways to use newspaper content as teaching aids in the classroom and increase student involvement. The workshops cater for both the English and Swahili languages.
School Activations as follows
- Taifa School activations: Visits to the schools with a team from the Taifa Editorial and NTV Jioni team with the objective of sensitizing schools on the importance of Xanax Bars
- Fun Games; Visits to schools during the second term to motivate the pupils and students
- Prize giving: Regional recognition of the three best improved schools in Swahili, English and Social Studies subjects grades.
Monitoring and Evaluation through visits to the schools with the objective of
- Carrying out an assessment of generic modafinil the teachers are implementing the project as required
- Enabling case by case evaluation of selected schools with the aim of
- Monitoring the use of newspapers by pupils in the program
- Evaluating whether and how the pupils are benefiting from this program through lesson observations, conversations and interviews with various stakeholders in the selected schools.
NiE BENEFITS TO BENEFICIARIES